Family Time Music class:
multi-age class for the whole family!
Each Kindermusik family class is a happy shared experience full of singing, moving, cuddling, family jams, and more. You’ll love the time to explore, discover, share, make friends, and just be together as you learn and play together. From newborn to Grandpa and everyone in between, there’s room in a Kindermusik family class for everyone!
Family Time class is a 4 week session and includes Digital Home Materials including music from class, musical activities, and each month’s story.
Kindermusik understands that family time is precious and family activities can be hard to find, especially for families with more than one child. That’s where a Kindermusik family class comes in. With your licensed Kindermusik educator there to guide you and everyone in the class able to learn from each other, your weekly family class transforms into a unique haven of memorable “together time” that also inspires more music, play, and bonding at home throughout the week.
You’ll love the time to explore, discover, share, make friends, and just be together as you learn and play together. From newborn to Grandpa and everyone in between, there’s room in a Kindermusik family class for everyone!
In a multi-age class, we accommodate all levels of learning and musical interest with tips and ideas that allow you to customize the experience for each of your children. A family class opens the door for learning and music-making in new ways that are possible only in a mixed-age environment.
What you’ll experience in Kindermusik Family Time class:
- Language Development – Opportunities for making conversation, playing with words, and modeling good communication skills abound in a class where discovery and exploration is encouraged and fostered. Being together as a family is sure to provide lots of opportunity to talk and to share, both important aspects of language development at any stage.
- Vocal Development – Singing in the appropriate vocal range means that toddlers and preschoolers begin to explore their voices and emerging pitch accuracy. But it goes beyond just building strong singers. Singing develops memory and recall, lung and cardiovascular strength, as well as creativity, and socialization. Simply hearing those voices also helps a baby develop her own vocal skills.
- Cognitive Development – A multi-age classroom means a multi-layered learning environment where children can learn from their peers, from the older children in the class, from your Kindermusik teacher, from other parents in the class, and from you.
- Gross Motor Skills – We’ll help you find “so many ways” to move with your children, from bouncing the little ones to skipping with the older ones to playing with hoops and scarves. And each family member benefits from having his or her sense of balance strengthened as you rock and dance together.
- Fine Motor Skills – During our family jam, everyone grabs and instrument and plays along. We’ll make sure to have age-appropriate instruments that will help develop those fine motor skills, no matter what your experience or ability level.
- Social Emotional Development – Families who laugh and play together form closer ties and stronger bonds with each other. Self-confidence, positive self-esteem, and emotional health are rooted in the happy memories of shared childhood experiences. We promise lots of happy moments, smiles, and hugs in our Kindermusik family classes!
- Musical Development – Every element of music is found in a Kindermusik family class, from singing to dancing to listening to playing instruments. You and your children will develop a greater sense of rhythm and joy in singing. There’s nothing quite like making music together as a family in Kindermusik!