Music classes for children ages newborn - 2 years
Get ready to sing, play, and move with your little one in this high-energy music class designed just right for children under two years of age. This new Kindermusik curriculum focuses on your child's beginning movement, helping to build the muscles your baby needs to walk, and vocal development, helping to nurture your child’s speaking and singing voice. With a mix of both parent-child joint activities and child-focused activities, you’ll be able to join right in on all the singing and dancing while also getting the chance to observe how your older baby or toddler learns on her own. The Digital home materials bring each class home with you so instead of a once-a-week class, you can have an every-day class at home!
Music is one of your baby’s favorite things – and it’s one of the best things for your baby’s developing mind. Babies’ brains are filled with literally billions of neurons—all just waiting to be connected through sensory stimulation. And that’s exactly what a Kindermusik class offers: a sensory rich environment, complete with music, movement, and calm, baby-style fun that is sure to create and strengthen baby’s neural pathways. Each Kindermusik class touches on a multitude of learning domains, creates special bonding moments, and lays the groundwork for a lifelong love of music.
What you’ll experience in Kindermusik Sing & Play class:
- Nurturing Baby’s Growth and Development - Young babies are responsive and receptive learners. With you there to nurture and engage your child, a Kindermusik baby music class gives your little one the perfect musical and developmental head start.
- Language and Vocal Development - You’ll hear lots of sweet gurgles and coos before your baby says her first words, and Kindermusik activities nurture your baby’s emerging language skills. He or she will learn to imitate sounds, experience give-and-take conversations, and add to his communicative abilities through sign language.
- Brain Development - Your baby is learning through moving—and being moved—through space. With every movement, baby’s brain synapses, the connections between neurons, are being created and strengthened. Growing minds present a big window of learning opportunity—and shaking an instrument, feeling a steady beat, looking into a mirror during tummy time, discovering new sounds, and zooming around the room in your arms all contribute to the strengthening of neural connections.
- Large Muscle Skills - One thing will naturally lead to the next as you expand your baby’s movement repertoire through music activities that support stretching, kicking, rolling, and crawling, as well as sitting and standing independently.
- Small Muscle Skills - From discovering her hands to learning what her hands can do, your baby will thrive on playful activities that give her practice in visually following objects, reaching for and grasping an object, releasing an object, and transferring and object from hand-to-hand.
- Instrument play - Age-appropriate experiences with child-safe instruments enhance a sense of rhythm and steady beat, develop a keen awareness of the distinguishing qualities of sound, and encourage spontaneity and creativity.
- Dance - A classroom full of baby and adult pairs dancing together helps a little body develop the muscle strength needed to crawl and walk and helps a little heart to fall in love with the sheer joy of responding to music.
- Exploration Time - Your child’s natural curiosity will be stimulated in our infant music classes, in an inviting environment of discovering specially designed instruments, textures, sounds, movements, interesting objects, and baby-safe props.
- Musical concepts - Even the littlest musicians and their parents benefit from early exposure to basic musical fundamentals like loud and quiet, musical form, tempo, timbre, steady beat, and more!
- Together time - A Kindermusik class is truly the essence of “quality time,” offering you a place to create special memories with your child, gain new insights into your child’s development, and nurture your child’s natural love of music.
- Expert advice - Consider these baby development classes, as Kindermusik educators explain “what-to-watch-for” every step of the way and how each activity enhances your child’s complete development.
- Tools and inspiration for home - With your Kindermusik Home Materials, the learning continues all week long with your child’s best teacher—you!