Sing N Move Sessions Postponed
Dear Sing N Move Community,
As a follow-up to our prior communications regarding the current situation that our country and global community is experiencing, this e-mail is to update our Sing N Move families on how we will navigate the next few weeks.
Our philosophy has always been that children learn through play and interaction with materials, adults, other children, and their environment, but in order to keep everyone in our community healthy we will be postponing the new sessions that were set to begin this coming week of March 16th. Registrations for the sessions that were set to begin this week of March 16th will either be transferred as credit to the next session set to begin at our locations, as of now, the week of April 20th OR credited back to the original form of payment. If you have any questions regarding your registration directly, please contact the location at which you registered. You can visit our class locations/registration page for contact information. If you have any additional questions, please e-mail Lena or Liv at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Postponing classes will keep everyone safe, but we want everyone to still feel connected! You can find solace during these unprecedented times in many of the activities you've experienced during your Kindermusik classes. Children feel safe and secure when engaged in regular routine, so in the meantime, while our in-person class meetings are on hold, we will keep our Sing N Move families updated via several different avenues that can assist your ability to create engaging, comforting, and educational moments with your child during this time. We have outlined some resources for you below to assist in keeping the music going at home:
1. If you don't already, please Like or Follow Sing N Move on Facebook. Scroll our News feed for old posts! We will also be making special posts during this time that you can find and use at home, for example lists of items easily found around the house that can make great instruments for exploration and play.
2. Keep using your home materials! Whether you have physical or digital home materials depending on which class you are typically enrolled in, your home materials are the best source of continuity during this in-person pause.
3. Relaxation time as a stress reliever now more than ever. Dim the lights, put on some quiet music, and rock or snuggle with your child. Intentional bonding time is a source of comfort for all. Remember, children don't care if you sing on or off key, just that you are singing with them.
4. You can visit our blog that has LOTS of activity and craft ideas. Archived posts are always available to re-visit.
5. Re-read our monthly newsletters in your e-mail inbox that often include seasonal ideas to extend learning at home outside of class.
Initial Idea: Sensory Bottles
Rinse and wash a plastic bottle. Instead of recycling in your recycling bin, recycle it as a sensory bottle. Fill with water and a few drops of food coloring, leaving a small space at the top so the water will flow easily back and forth when shaken. Add glitter or any other items like beads or what you have on hand. Tape the top with duct tape or any heavy-duty electrical tape. Remember to use only under supervision.
Continued Best Practices
1. Stay informed by reading more about best practices outlined on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Website.
2. Wash hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds. Use hand sanitizer when washing is not available.
3. Please cough or sneeze into your elbow (not your hand) and encourage little ones to do the same.
4. If you have any concerns regarding your child’s health, it is recommended that you consult with your child’s primary care physician.
Most importantly, we want you all to feel confident and secure during these times. If you need any individual support, ideas, or reassurance you can reach Lena and Liv at email@example.com. We will continue to keep working with each of our locations and keep all of our Sing N Move families updated. Thank you so much for your support!
Lena & Liv